Caring for your Paint Protection film
PPF care instructions
Caring for your Paint Protection film is as easy as caring for your car. It is important to know that we have had customers return to our shop after 4 years and the film looked as good as the day it left after install.
We have also have people come back after 18 months and ask why the film is not looking good anymore, to which we answer, take a look at the state of the rest of your car and you may have your answer.
It is still necessary to maintain your your vehicle and the film to keep them both looking good, and it easy to do so, especially since the new films have hit the market.
The films we use now are much more resistant to solvents, staining and UV and have an unsurpassed clarity that we haven’t seen before.
- You can wash your car as you normally would with warm soapy water and a microfibre sponge as early as 48 hours after installation.
- You can use waxes or polymer coatings as long as they don’t contain dyes or abrasive compounds that may damage the films clear coat.
- After waxing your car and film, you can remove any wax build up along the films edge with a micro fibre cloth.
- Do not use a high pressure hose too close to the edge of the film.
- Make sure you keep the stream at least 1 metre away from the edge of the film.
- Do not use automatic car washes with rotating brushes.
- Hand car washes are fine, just make sure you tell the operator about the film and to be careful with high pressure hoses etc.
….Your Pride and Joy is our Pride and Joy